Friday, August 8, 2008

I love my grandma

As far back as I can remember I've always adored my Grandma. We hit a rough patch in my early teens, that went deeper than rebellion, but at the end of the day she's always been there for me.



I've always been grandmas favorite. Even though most people say, "oh I love you all the same" that wasn't the case for me. Grandma let it know when I was a baby that I was her favorite grandchild & I've even been donned with the nickname Precious. Now, that may not seem like a big deal to you but I'm the only grandchild w/a nickname. This of course has also made other family members loathe me a little but eh. I'll take my grandmas love any day.

I remember her telling me to, "put on your walking shoes!" which meant we were going out for a day of glorious shopping (see! blame her for my shopaholic ways), singing On The Road Again when we headed out to visit family & playing 4 corner king. Ah, those were the care free days.




Even though I haven't blogged about it most of my family/friends know that Paul & I will be moving to Mesa, Az. Yes, it's far & yes it's crazy but since we started dating Paul & I would always talk about how we felt California wasn't the right place (for us) to raise children & how we're sick of the hussle & bussle that's the heart of California. We've talked seriously about moving to Phoenix, Az (where he was born & raised for 4 years) & Denver, Co. When our company approached us (after announcing the closing of our store location) they would like for us to move out & work at the Mesa, Az location.



This decision was not made overnight nor was it easy. I avoided this talk like the plague & when Paul finally sat me down for a real discussion I fought like a bat out of hell. In the end our decision came down to moving & taking the opportunity that's been given to us.



This past Wednesday I met my Aunt Rachel & her two younger children Kira & Jacob at a skating rink. The bonus was getting to see my Grandma. She lives in L.A. so our visits aren't as often as I'd like. :(



We were sitting at a small table talking about the latest family drama (yes, my family is special) & going through magazines when she pointed out a small article for me to read.



The article read, the best way to reduce stress is through a heart felt hug. Not only does it reduce stress but it also feels good!



As I read the last part out loud my grandma wrapped her arms around me & gave a tight squeeze. Thinking about it now I want to cry but at the moment I laughed & said, "aww thank you! I needed that!" Don't you just love how grandmas just know how to make everything all better? :)



I love my grandma.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Congrats on the move!

Your grandma is cute. :)

JennB said...

I'm glad you have such a great person in your life! Tell Grandma to hug you more often :)

Brenda said...

That's a really cute picture of you and your grandma :D Glad you got to visit with her! I think AZ will suit your family just fine ;)

Angie Eats Peace said...

Aw, very cute.

Evening said...

Your grammy is so cute! They do just know, don't they. I am still in denial about the whole AZ thing, though.