Monday, January 7, 2008

Finally!

So with my new work schedule (Friday & Saturday off) I was able to head out to DMV & Social Security to change my name. Ok, maybe because I'm a pansy to begin with but nobody, nobody warned me about the anxiety I'd begin to feel. I switched my maiden name to my middle so it wasn't a drastic change but sitting there waiting for them to call my number I began to feel really anxious & nervous. I've had the same name for 25 years & within a day I was going to leave with a new identity. Did I mention I'm also dramatic?

Despite the emotional roller coaster I also realized that my new signature is alot better than my last & the look on Pauls face, after showing him my paperwork, was worth all the grief :) Now off to make lots of babies :p

3 comments:

Robyn said...

That's awesome! You will be surprised at how quickly you get used to it! When I hear someone use my maiden name now it sounds weird to me.

Anonymous said...

It's seriously about time! Just kidding. I'm glad you did it. It's not a new identity, you just revamping the old one. At least you went up in the alphabet...not me, I'm going to go waaaaaay down.
Now, have some babies already

Brenda said...

I can only imagine how you felt. Although I will happy to shed myself of my maiden name as it does not mean jack squat to me anyway, I can understand how it was making you nervous. But it's all good Mz. Jackson...now go make some babies like Jenn said!