Monday, February 18, 2008

The calm before the storm...

This weekend was jam packed full of family time & emotion. Unfortunately I forgot my camera at home. Subconsciously I believe this was intentional. I've been avoiding the emotional roller coaster that's waiting for me once Jeremy leaves to Iraq. On his last tour I went crazy. Sounds incredibly stupid since I'm not the one over seas but it's still hard to be so far away & not being able to help him. My brothers are more like my children so I guess that's why I take the time away & the horrific circumstances so hard to deal with. I'm incredibly blessed to have him home. Especially since we had a scare that he might not be coming home as planned. Due in April but extended until July we moved our wedding date & prayed for his safe return home. Luckily, we were surprised when he arrived home in May. He actually surprised me at work & I remember it like it was yesterday. I hugged him so hard he probably couldn't breathe! I was crying, laughing & shaking so hard that my customer probably thought I was crazy. But here we are again. He was home for so long & it was fun while it lasted & honestly all the time in the world wouldn't be long enough.



So blah, blah, blah these are the exact thoughts I've been trying to avoid. Onto my story of random shhhhhhhhittttttaaaaa.

Prior to the weekend events I had to make a quick stop to Barnes & Noble for Jeremys going away present. While celebrating Phillips birthday Jeremy would not stop talking about & quoting the ever famous Superbad movie. So I began my search for the movie script. Not only did I find the script but Superbad : The Illustrated Book included alot of extras: interviews, pictures on & off screen a special section including certain uhh drawings. It was beyond perfect. Then on my way back to my car I saw this gem.



It was incredibly windy this past weekend so I'm sure it flew off of some ones ear. How sad for that person. I wonder if it belonged to somebody that doesn't normally wear earrings & they took this as a sign to never wear earrings again or if they were a gift from an ex lover or they were a gift from a recent love that they weren't sure whether they should stay with or not & hello! this was obviously a sign to leave that cheating bastard. Ahhhhh imagination is a wonderful getaway. So until fate brings the previous owner & I together the feather has a new home.


Afterward I stopped by my favorite store. Glorious Marshalls. I can always find crap I don't need but want desperately. Friday was no exception. After finding out the wallet I requested from Karma was no longer available I found a fab substitute.

Thanks Karma.


xoxoxo

6 comments:

Robyn said...

I'll be praying for your brother while he is gone!

Cute wallet too!

JennB said...

I love how you think of the earring as a sign-Don't wear earrings again. That's a cute wallet too.
Hey your bro's a good guy. He'll come, I just know it. I'll pray for him, and for you.

JennB said...

HAHA I mean he'll come home...WHOOPS!

sherthebear said...

I'll be praying for your brother! Very cute wallet! I love it.

Anonymous said...

well i know you're going to cry alot more, sooo you know we'll be hanging out.
Fuck!!!We both are going to be crybabies.
sooo you know your bff wears earings???
yes i do, and i do like them!!!!

Irma said...

I hate this damn war! I hope it will be over soon so your brother and all the others will be home...WHERE THEY BELONG! I will be thinking of him and your family!