Friday, September 7, 2007

wonderful moments in time

It's moments like the one i'm about to share that really made me want to start a blog. So of course I was a stressed out bride-to-be with only weeks to go until the wedding (keeping in mind that it's already happend) we'll get more to that later. Anywho, so Paul & I are movie fanatics (one of the many things that brought us together) & w/that we decided to have each table at our fab wedding to represent a famous movie couple. Each table would be named after the movie & each guest would have a quote w/their name cards. After stressing about what quotes to use Paul (wonderful, wonderful Paul) said he'd take care of it.......& he did.

COLD MOUNTAIN
ADA :Isn't there some religion where you just say I marry you, three times, and then you're man and wife.
Inman: I marry you, I marry you, I marry you.

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
Sally Albright: You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you
Harry Burns: It is so nice when you can sit with someone and not have to talk.

THE LITTLE MERMAID
Prince Eric: Ariel? Oh. That's kind of pretty. Okay, Ariel
Ariel: I've never seen a human this close before. Oh - he's very handsome, isn't he?

CASABLANCA
Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."
Rick: ...Here's looking at you, kid.

AS GOOD AS IT GETS
Carol: Have you ever let a romantic moment make you do something that you knew was stupid?
Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.

MOULIN ROUGE
Christian:The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
Satine:Your going to be bad for business, i can tell.

TITANIC
Rose: I'll never let go. I'll never let go, Jack.
Jack: I'm the king of the world!

PRETTY WOMAN
Edward Lewis:I'd really like you to stay. I don't want to be alone tonight
Vivian: In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight

These are the quotes he chose. I immediately cried after reading the first one. Now, I'm not sure if I cried because I realized how great Paul truly is, because I didn't have to worry about this anymore or because I realized that the wedding was approaching so quickly. But I do know this, it was one of the best personal touches we added to the wedding. I called Paul after reading the quotes (he emailed them to me) & he said, "are you crying?......I'm the MAN". :) yes, yes he is.

No comments: