Sunday, September 23, 2007

I can totally love her better!!!

So where we live it's really easy to look into each other patio. Of course this is weird & invades privacy but sometimes it's hard not to look....especially when there's a crying poopy :(

Awhile back I was walking by & saw the cutest black puppy wagging her tail & yearning for attention. At the time I figured she was put outside to take a poop (since there wasn't a dog house) but day after day I realized she was always out there to greet me. Then I soon noticed that she was out there all the time. It never failed in the morning I would leave for work, she was there. I'd come home from work, she was there. Eventually I added her to my list of pups (what?) that I'd give treats to before leaving for work. Just so you know, she love bananas wrapped in bacon. So eventually I met her (Mercedes, but to be fair she looks more like a Chloe so we'll call her Chloe) owner. I told her how I was greeted every morning by Chloe & how friendly she seemed. Unfortunatly, Chloe was sick :( She had a skin disease that her vet didn't know how to treat & suggested that her owner put her down. Of course, this devistated her owner & I immediately offered information on our awesome vet, Dr. Sid. He's based out of Loma Linda & is very well known for going above & beyond for his patients. He's even performed surgeries w/out charging the owner if they couldn't afford to pay. He's awesome. Just not very personable but that's a story for another day. This story is about Chloe. So about a week passed & I saw Chloe's owner again. Turns out she only had Scabies, which is easily treatable & curable! Thank you Dr. Sid!!!! So Chloe had to take her medication daily & since Scabies if very contagious she had to be left outside for about a month or so until she was completely healed.

Fast forward to today. Chloe had an awesome recovery the medication worked right away & she was healed within a month! However, she still spends her days & nights out on the patio :( I do have to add that she now has a dog house but that can only protect her for so long. Every morning I'm on the verge of tears & anger. How could they let this poor pooch stay outside when it's over 100 degrees & when it's raining w/high winds? I know not everybody cares for their animals the same (yes Paul, I know) but I do know that animals should not be left outside when the weather is terrible. So I've been on a quest...yes a quest to somehow rescue her from living among her own feces & instead smother her w/love & long walks. My ice breaker was a bag of pig ears. I bought them for Oscar & Sadie but they were so over that. Apparently my dogs have turned into prissy little things that refused to put Ugh pig ears in their mouth. So my plan was to offer the pig ears to the owner & then slyly ask if I could take her on a walk. That way, even if it was only for an hour, she could have a bit of freedom. :D

So this morning (after day dreaming about my master plan & how I'd bring her home & bathe her since she probably smells like poopy) I got the poopies ready, grabbed the pig ears & we headed out. Of course they were full of excitement since we were GOING FOR A WALK! I walked straight over to their house knocked on their door........& was greeted by her boyfriend. Uh ok, I wasn't prepared for this curve ball. I stuttered, handed over the bag & muttered something along the lines of um yeah, ok, yeah, uh-huh, you don't know me I know your wife, pigs ears, my dogs, no likie, ok bye.

Yeah....that didn't go as planned. So I felt defeated. Ok fine. Today wasn't the day that I'd rescue little Chloe. So I started to walk away & noticed that the whole patio was cleared & cleaned. The patio chair & plants were put on top of the patio table......along w/Chloe's food & water bowl!

:( OMG now she doesn't have water?! I really didn't know what to do. So many times I debated w/myself whether I should call Animal Control to report the owners but could never bring myself to do it. But now here I am standing there freaking out deep down inside. So I decided to think about what I should do via walking the dogs. After walking Oscar & Sadie around for about 5 mins I decided to head back & in hopes of not looking like a total nut would just ask if I could take her along for our walk. That way I could take her home & give her water. YEAH! That would be my new plan.


"don't freak out, don't freak out. I'm sure this isn't weird. Would you feel weird if somebody asked to walk your dogs? well yeah but this is different. I don't let my dogs hang out in their own feces & take away their water."


Ok after about 10 mins of that nonsense running through my head I finally knocked on the door......& ta da! It's the girl I know. Thank god! I'm sure her husband thinks I'm a nut. So I apologize for being weird (ha!) & explained I was going for a walk w/my dog &....she instantly knew where I was going & she was like, "oh! you want to take her?" THANK GOD! "yeah! if you don't mind." well in fact she didn't mind & she actually asked if she could come w/us. Sweet! Now I can see if I can sway her to give Chloe to me. Hmmm....


But that' not what happened. Instead I found out she's a really great owner & really loves Mercedes. She's just busy (which I understand) & she's been trying to train Mercedes not to pee in the house (hello white carpet) & not chew on her hair clips. :/ Come down to it she can't be trusted alone which of course most puppies can't be left alone so I told her everything we did for our dogs. Crate training, Petsmart training, long walks to burn off their energy & alot of discipline. After a long walk & talking endlessly about our dogs, family, movies, neighbors you name it we talked about it we decided to meet up more often for walk dates :) So I'm really happy to report that Mercedes is actually in a really nice, loving home. But she has to earn the right to be in the house by potty training & discipline classes. I really hope she (Carmela) begins class soon so Mercedes can hang out w/the rest of the family. Here's to many more positive visits, walk dates & hopefully she can learn not to try dominating my dogs by jumping on their back. Hmm Oscar didn't like that :/ Oh well. Oh & you know I'll post a pic as soon as I get one ;)Then you can fall in love w/this adorable this crazy, loving, will lie down in the middle of a walk if she's tired poopy like I have.


Until then enjoy some pictures of my precious poochies :D


Now onto my next rescue......la la la

4 comments:

Brenda said...

OMG, you're too funny! So did you go pic up the app for that other job?? Sounds to me like you'd be perfect for it! :D

Robyn said...

Your too sweet and funny! You love doggies as much as I love kitties! I need to do a post about mine. They probably feel so unloved because I haven't! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww after all your agony about poor Chloe/Mercedes. I'm glad that her owner is nice. Totally understandable about why she's outside. I'm glad you have a poopie walking buddy now!

Anonymous said...

:)
Brandy,
I have to say even tho i'm not fond of animals, this was very nice of you. I can see you having anxiety attacks over the dog being mistreated.
oh and i know erica would do the same thing, you're not the only weird one out there.