Monday, October 6, 2008

The power of technology

A little over a year ago I met one of my very favorite people. We didn't go to school together, meet through mutual friend or even through our significant others. Of all places, we met online.

While planning for my wedding I went to local online boards to seek help with wedding dilemmas & comic relief from wedding planning.Best of all I made it through my wedding day with out regret, kept 99% of my sanity & met Jenn.


We hit it off right away. Sharing quotes from Superbad, embracing each others twisted way of thinking & eventually swapping email addresses. Little did I know at the time that we would not only keep in contact but become closer than I am with most people in my life.


The day I found out we were expecting she was the 4th person I told. I couldn't wait to tell her & of course she guessed it off the bat. She knows me better than most & when my days are bad she knows how to cheer me up & when they're good she knows how to bring me down (jk). If you're lucky enough to have a friend where you can say one word & they know exactly where the conversation is heading or how you're feeling than that itself says how special the friendship is between you two.


Now, it's her time to shine. I was lucky enough to attend her bridal shower. It was wonderful to see her so happy on her special day(aren't bridal parties better when they're for you?). Pretty soon she'll be marrying her best friend. I've never met her fiance but through chit chat oddly enough he reminds me of my Paul (which wouldn't be the first thing/person/thought we have in common). Through stories I can tell he compliments Jenn & is lucky to have snagged her. They compliment each other & idiosyncrasies that I don't have to wish them luck, just the very best for years to come.
*boop*

4 comments:

JennB said...

*tear* Boop!
The four (5, whatever) should get together before you move. I'm talking him into it.
Now I need to go cry. Don't you know I'm emotional these days!?

Valerie said...

Sweeet!

Angie Eats Peace said...

Very sweet. Love this post and congrats to Jenn!

Brenda said...

Awwww...good times, good times :)