Monday, June 30, 2008

3 more days...

Until my bestie Julia comes to Cali!!!

I still can't believe she's coming down. Plane tickets being ridiculous & her hectic job schedule (government jobs aren't always what they're cracked up to be). She's tried planning trips before but they've always fallen through. When she first left to Denver I was the first to visit. I believe 99.9% of the trip Julia drove me around town to show how wonderful & safe Denver would be for us & our family when we decided to have a child. :p I'm a Cali girl so that was a no go. But I did fall in love with the art & clean air. Not only could you feel the difference but you could see blue in the sky! crazy. After that trip she drove down for the wedding. That time frame was beyond chaotic. I loved having her in town but hated not being able to make time for a beach trip or quick dash to downtown L.A.. Being the greatest bestie a friend could ever have she was truly god sent. She was supportive & helped in any & every way she could. I couldn't have asked for more. :) Her last attempt out was nipped in the bud (a day before she was going to order plane tickets!) when her company decided to send her out to D.C. for some training. :p

So needless to say when she asked if coming down 4th of July weekend I didn't get my hopes up. But OH EM GEE she's flying in on Thursday! I can't wait to see her. We're dedicating her trip to quality time full of weird jokes, gabbing, reminiscing of old times & checking everything off of our "Julia's must!" list. :)

Bakers

Mexican Food

Beach

Citywear

Fireworks

Bakers


We use to spend all the time together even if it was a quick run to Target for a "Ugh I have nothing I need a new shirt!" pit stop! Including quick changes in the car making sure no one was peeking & running off to Bakers for a quesadilla MmmMmmm...


Julia moving was truly hard. I know it was hard for her leaving her church, friends & where she grew up but it was hard to know she wouldn't be there (physically). We've remained the best of friends even with the distance but at times it's hard to not wallow a little that she's not around. Still to this day we'll joke around & say to meet each other at Target or how about a quick trip to the beach?! So even though we can't do it all the time it's nice to know for 4 days (some shorter than others) we'll be able to re-live in a bubble where she lives back in Cali. :)


Here's to enjoying every moment, laugh & trip to every little hole in the wall mexican restaurant & picking up every last seashell! I can't wait to see you Juuuuuuuuliiiiaaaa I miss you & can't wait to check, check, check!


xoxoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

JennB said...

Aww that last picture's sweet. It makes me teary eyed. DAMN YOU BRANDY! WELCOME TO TOWN JULIA!! I hope she has a safe flight here and isn't forced to sit next to anyone annoying. That's the pits

Becki said...

How exciting, girl time is the best. Have fun!

Evening said...

Awww that is awesome that she is coming out to have some bestie time with you! Make those days last and have a blast!!!

Valerie said...

mmmm Bakers! Have fun this weekend!

Benny Lopez said...

O thats a nice picture tell Julia big benny says hi