Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh happy day!

First a recap on my b-day celebrations! My b-day weekend rocked! On Friday I had lunch w/a few of my absolute favorite people. :)


Then afterward my bestie Diana & I went to watch a little indy film. Not sure if you heard of it. It was opening day for Sex in the City. :) Call it what you want (hormones, being a sissy la) but I bawled my eyes out. From beginning (yes just hearing the music made me cry) to the wonderful end. I pictured myself in those same situations & just knew that I'd have someone to help me thought it all. I love being surrounded by wonderful & loving people. Even if some of them don't hug. ;)



The next day Paul had a surprise in store. What a wonderful surprise it turned out to be! We spent the day at the most wonderful place on earth Disneyland!!! Knowing that Paul chose this as a surprise truly shows how much he loves & adores (yes adores) me. Paul LOVES Magic Mountain & I LOVE Disneyland. We're both ehh about going to each others favorite park. Come to think of it since I'm preggo I can't go to M.M. for quite some time. oh darn...



Going to Disneyland while you're preggo certainly changes things up. We weren't able to go on rides that we normally do but at the same time we saw a few shows (the Tiki room & both parade showings) that we sometimes miss out on. The other change was I actually stared ALOT at all the kiddies & their parents. We spotted the good, the bad & the insanely cute. :) Paul said that every year we're taking our baby so that they knows all about Disneyland. Make my heart melt! Of course I'd love to come every year! Omg we're slowly turning into that insane couple that brings their newborn to Disneyland! FINALLY! hee hee


Here's a few pictures we took that day. :)

The ducks & various other birds are not camera shy. They walked up to anybody willing to share a fry! Must be that magical sugar goodness :)




Then shortly after we headed to City Hall to pick up my Birthday badge (hearing employees scream HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDY! Is the best!). On my way out of City Hall we saw Pluto. We were walking up to take a picture but he began to walk off :( I shoved my b-day badge in his snout & pleaded, "but Pluto it's my berfday!" Thankfully I got a hug AND a pic. Unfortunately Paul didn't get to pose in time. Hee hee this is my favorite picture by far.





On top of that we went on the kiddie rides (boo! Storybook land was closed :P). As we were waiting in line for Alice in Wonderland Paul told me that when he was younger he went on this w/this daddy. Bill passed away 2 years ago from Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS). As strange as it might sound I'm glad he passed away. He's finally at peace. He was not himself & he was slowly disappearing before our eyes. There were times he would pretend to be sleeping to avoid our visits. To see someone you love so much in that type of pain & not have any control is horrible. Everyday we miss him more & more but at the same time it's comforting to know he's in heaven playing cards & enjoying a pain free afterlife. I know because of this man my Pauly is going to be a terrific father. We're going to share the stories of what a wonderful father, grandfather, friend & above all person he was to everyone that crossed his path. He treated me like a daughter & for that I'll always be grateful. :) After Paul told me that story I knew I had to get ahold of that picture!


As with every visit we arrived early for Fantasmic! & waited around for the firework Dreams Do Come True show. They just (or at least since I've last been) redid the whole firework show. It's amazing now! The music & all the colors are so fun. I loved every minute of it! Then afterward we window shopped & headed home. It was a wonderful birthday weekend.


To top it all off it gave me a good start to a future gift. Little did I know at that time it would be a perfect Fathers Day gift to Paul. Oh happy day!


We love & miss you Bill!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

JennB said...

OMG Paul's story made me CRY! I love the picture. Looks like you had a fab. birthday

Robyn said...

What a great birthday present from your hubby! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Angie Eats Peace said...

What a great present!

Please dont be one of those people who take their newborns to Disneyland. I always feel so bad for those babies, they have no idea whats going on and get scared by all the noise.

Brenda said...

I haven't been to Disneyland in ages, looks like you guys had a blast! Great pictures, especially the last one ;)