Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Introducing Baby J!


Today was our 2nd appt. At the first one they ran a bunch of test. Blood, urine & pap. It was a very informative appt. but at the same time it was all very scary & new. Dr. Samudio has been phenomenal. She took the time to answer all our questions (whether they were silly or not) & even cracked a few jokes. By the end of our appt. I felt more at ease & couldn't wait to return.


Little did I know how nerve wracking the 2nd visit would be. I'm a very nervous person to begin with so it wasn't too uncommon for me to freak out a little. I just wanted to hear the heartbeat. I knew once I heard my baby everything would be fabulous.


And it was :)


On our way to the doctors office we began our first (of many) dvds for Baby J. We told him/her how much we loved him/her & how excited we were for this day & many days to come. :) It was a nice ice breaker before arriving to her office. We waited a short bit & then I was called in for another urine test & to check my . As soon as Dr. Samudio came into the office she remembered us. YAY! I'm sure she has many patients so you never know. She went over all my test (100% perfect), confirmed I'm 10 weeks pregnant w/a due date of January 6th & I finally learned my blood type. O positive. How I went 26 years never knowing this bit of personal information is beyond me.


After our quick update she said we were going to listen to the baby J's heart & next month we would get an ultrasound. I'm sure it didn't take long to find but WOW it felt like forever until we heard it. Baby J's perfect little heartbeat. I didn't cry but I could feel the relieve come over my whole body. We're having a baby!!!!


After the heartbeat she said, "let's do an ultrasound now!" YAY again! I was kind of sad when she said we'd have to wait but now we didn't. :) So we went to the next room, started up the camcorder & saw the cutest mini baby ever. Baby J was bouncing around like a gymnast! It all felt so surreal but very calming all at once. I can't describe it but after our appt. I started to cry.



We're having a baby. :)

So the larger version came out very blurry :/
The baby's head is on the left with his/her little arms crossing over. I swear w/all my might that I can make out an eye & little nose. Paul said I'm crazy but I'm the mama so I can see these crucial details!!!

8 comments:

JennB said...

I can soooo see the nose! I CAN SEE YOUR BABY'S NOSE!!! beautiful

Robyn said...

I am soo excited for you! That must have been amazing hearing the heartbeat! Congratulations Momma!

Leslie said...

Congratulations, Brandy! Baby J is very cute. :)

Brenda said...

Yay Brandy!! Baby J is a bouncy one! I'm in love already! :D Thank you for posting I was waiting for this one...heehee! ;)

Becki said...

Yay! He/she's a cutie :)

Evening said...

Aww you made me all teary eyed and I'm not even the hormonal preggo one!!! That is a beautiful baby blob you have there! Congrats!

Angie Eats Peace said...

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hay my sister!!! I'm so happy for you DANG the babie looks just like you, WOW!!!!! CONGATULATIONS