Friday, June 6, 2008

Thank you for sponsoring Team Jackson!

Yes the walk was awhile back but lets face it. I'm a horrible blogger. I'm more obsessed about reading other blogs & sleeping. But don't fret! I intend on recapping every big moment that's passed. :)
First up the walk a thon! With the help of online, mail in & in person donations we raised $563!!! We even donated more while at the event. :) Thank you to everybody! Every little bit helps & I know the animals appreciate all you've done. All proceeds will go toward cruelty investigations & humane education. Here's a quick peek of all the goodies the poops received for our donation plus a few souvenirs we bought as well. :) Now onto our eventful day! The poops loved every minute of it.
Oscar even met the most beautiful doggie ever!

Then it was walk time! We joined all the other participants & joined in a group prayer to bless the field. It was really corny, touching, moving all in one. There's were a few people that cried over lost animals. It was really cool to be a part of this moment.
Did you say they're giving away treats at the finish line?!
We walked & ran 4 laps! The dogs kept up & even enjoyed the run. :) I didn't since I wore sandals. :/ I'll be sure to wear vans next year.

Here's a shot of the "biggest dog" contestants. My camera died right after so I didn't get a shot of the smallest or best dress. :( Oscar was the best digger! Unfortunately they weren't giving out awards for such a talent.

Thankfully we found an outlet & charged it in time for Sadies 15 mins of fame!


She was so happy she couldn't keep her eyes open! hee hee I love this picture. Look at the proud daddy. :)
Our champ!
It was so much fun & I can't wait to join again next year. Hopefully we can raise over $600!

Don't be fooled the poops were happy to be a part of this event but they were definitely glad to be home!


3 comments:

Robyn said...

That's awesome that guys were able to raise so much money for such a great cause! Awesome job Sadie & Oscar!

Angie Eats Peace said...

That is amazing! I would love to be apart of this, remind me next year :)

JennB said...

Don't worry Oscar...one day, They will recognize your talents!! Looks like a great time. I'm so glad Saddiekins won. WOO HOO! Just wait, next year you'll be doing this walk with a stroller